- About Us
- Current Campaigns
- Media Coverage
- Join Online!
Top 10 Worst Things About This Outsourcing
1. It will screw over workers! Despite promises of job and benefit protections, the Request for Proposal is full of loopholes and provisions that allow for cut backs and losses—from layoffs to the loss of crucial benefits like earned sick leave and a pension. It will absolutely worsen the working environment!
2. The people of Tennessee will lose control over public services and institutions as an out-of-state company takes over management of resources that belong to us!
3. The General Assembly will lose meaningful oversight and mechanisms for accountability!
4. Tennesseans will pay sales and use taxes for the company!
5. And our tax revenue will leave as the out-ofstate companies like JLL and its Alabama-based subcontractors profit!
6. There’s no evidence it will save any money, especially without knowing if institutions are “opting-in” or “opting-out.” The Office of Customer Focused Government never submitted its so-called Business Justification to an audit, and can’t even explain where some of their savings numbers come from!
7. The Request for Proposal provides for the radical expansion of the contract to additional services and institutions—from K-12 schools to municipal and county governments!
8. The contract can be renegotiated at any time after being signed as long as the state and the company agree!
9. The contract is being negotiated with JLL, a company with a long history of controversial and critical audits for its existing business with Tennessee! Moreover it’s a company that Governor Haslam was and probably is personally invested, creating a huge conflict-ofinterest!
10. The entire process for crafting this contract has been secretive and unaccountable, and intentionally left out the General Assembly and the public!
Citations for the Request for Proposal, which can be found here: https://www.tn.gov/assets/entities/generalservices/cpo/attachments/RFP_32110-17103_Release_1.pdf
1. A6.10.A.19; Tuition benefit: C.3.b
7. “Onboarding”: 6.10.A.12.1; RFP Attachment 6.9; UTK Site Visit Agenda, Data section requests specific info on K-12 even though not in current scope